Metropolitan Community Church, Manchester is delighted to be hosting “An Evening with Tony Warren” at 7pm on Saturday 23rd March, at Wilbraham St Ninian’s United Reformed Church, Wilbraham Road/Egerton Rd South, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 0XJ (for satnavs M21 0UB is better). For full details of where we are, how to get to us, and parking arrangements, click here.
This is a rare public appearance by Tony, the creator of Coronation Street, and is likely to be a very popular event. Tony does very few public appearances now, and this will be a wonderful opportunity to see and hear him. Tony will speak about his work in creating Coronation Street, his life, the context in which he worked, and will take questions.
The ticket price is £12 per person and space will be limited at the venue, so we strongly suggest you use our online shop where you have two choices:
- either pay for your tickets in advance (via PayPal) ready for collection on the night;
- or reserve tickets in your name, ready for collection and payment in cash on the night by 6.45pm at the latest.
Only tickets purchased or reserved in advance are guaranteed entry to the event. Any remaining unreserved tickets will hopefully be on sale on the door but will be subject to availability and venue capacity.
Click here to go to our online shop. The procedure for paying and the procedure for reserving both start off from the same screens – you make the choice at the ‘Select payment’ screen further along in the process.
- All enquiries about the event, tickets, payment, etc., should be directed to our church office on 0161 881 6050. If your call is taken by the answering machine please do leave a message including a name and a number where we can reach you. Our system sends us a text alert that a message has been left, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Tickets will not be sent out by post. They will only be available for collection at the venue on the night. The pre-payment and pre-reservation options only serve to ensure that the required number of tickets will be held for you at the ticket desk. However, the booking system will send you an acknowledgment by email which you can print and bring with you as confirmation of purchase/reservation.
- We are not able to offer refunds for tickets purchased in advance via PayPal.
- Tickets reserved for collection on the night must be collected by 6.45pm at the ticket desk and must be paid for in cash – there will be no card payment facilities at the venue.
- If you wish to pay for your tickets by debit or credit card, you need to use the PayPal option, in advance of the event, as described above.
- Reserved tickets which are not collected by 6.45pm on the day may be offered for general sale on the door.